Monday, October 7, 2013

Rails Tutorial Phase 2

Rails Tutorial Phase 2

Brand New Day

I am re-starting Michael HartI's Rails Tutorial. I made it up to Chapter 10 the last time I did it but I never really felt like I was really fully understanding what I was actually doing.

My plan this time is to go through it as quickly as I can and have some experts from whom I can ask related questions. I also want to try to do some small Rails sites on my own. 

I was considering installing rbenv on my Linux machine but I realized that I already have Rails 4 installed and my Ruby version is 1.9.3 so there is still no need for it.

Good advice for today:
Don’t worry about what you need to know in order to finish a project, you already have everything you need to start.
Hannah Howard sweetly let me study at her place today which really helped me focus. I met her partner Ben and all their 3 dogs and their parrot. The parrot is so funny. He really wanted some attention so he flipped upside down and flapped his wings frantically. He talks and talks screeching watchout!, thank you, no that's a no, hey no biting,  it's okay, watch out.

I worked on the preliminary version of a Rails Girls LA logo last night until 3am. I was in the zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment