Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rails Girls logo

Happy Birthday Heather Hike (and congrats on getting engaged) with Heather, SoYoung Amy and I at 8am.  I only slept 4+ hours last night but I still managed to hike and now I am working finishing up Ch. 1 of the Rails tutorial at Trails Cafe in Griffith Park. I am getting distracted with everyones request for something different for the logo: the ocean, traffic, palm trees, the Hollywood sign, non-recognition of the buildings, dislike of the girl. I will address this later when I am rested. BTW - The Capital Records Building, The Chinese Mann Theater, The Watts Towers & Griffith Observatory.

My table neighbors are playing gin rummy game while Curtis the dog with his curly blond hair and caged mouth sniffs around for dropped food. It's a beautiful day in the park.

I finally got tired, went home and fell asleep until 6pm.  I worked on another design for Rails Girls LA because no one was sold on the first design. I like them both. I tried to add waves but nothing really worked. I don't really want to add traffic and I think it really needs some specific buildings. I made the Rails Girls logo act as the Hollywood sign, seems like a good compromise. If not someone else can take a turn. I just wanted to get something done before we met up on Wednesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment