Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rails Girls Summer of Code!

Yesterday I found out that I was accepted to do the Rails Girls Summer of Code! 

I am so incredibly excited and grateful to have this opportunity to learn and to contribute to the Ruby community by working on an open source project. Joyce Hsu will be my pair and Jessica Suttles will be our coach. It is going to be an intense summer. We are going to start on July 15th until then I am going to study as much as I can. 

Today I went to the L.A. Ruby Meetup at Scout Advertising. There were 9 of us from the Eastside/Westside Ruby & Rails Study Group 

I started going through the Code Academy Ruby Track again today. 

Machiko sent me a link to typing practice for Ruby. I am not a fast typist but I am going to work on getting faster. 

These are all the teams selected to do Rails Girls Summer of Code: 

  1. Carla (Australia) and Anja (Germany) to work on: Sinatra and Farm Subsidy Open Government Data
  2. Cecilia (Argentinia) and Mayn (Norway) to work on: Open Source Job Board 
  3. Jen Diamond and Joyce Hsu (both USA) to work on: Bundler 
  4. Laura and Adriana (both Colombia) to work on: Rails (Conductor) 
  5. Magdalena (Poland) to work on: impress.js 
  6. Maja and Nina (both Slovenia) to work on: Spree 
  7. Nicole (Germany) and Laura (USA) to work on: RailsApps and Rubinius 
  8. Saskhi and Pallavi (both India) to work on: Diaspora 
  9. Wiktoria and Alicja (both Poland) to work on: Species+

No comments:

Post a Comment