Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 2 WeBrand Pairing Ack Grep

We created a user for me so I can be an admin. I started to fix some issues.

Fixed issues: 

  • We want to remove the unused links on the admin layout so that customers don't see the bad links.
  • Delete Social Links on admin/products page
  • Switch admin/products footer to startuplife footer
  • Create partial of footer app/_footer

Talked with Kevin (co-founder) about admin layout. Changes to be made tomorrow.

Previously I was using Grep to locate files but Kurtis said I should checkout Ack
So I did and I installed Ack http://beyondgrep.com/install/
I need to go through the documentation and play with it a bit.

Law of Demeter don't chain methods together because the expectation on them all returning something. if one returns nil the entire chain breaks.

I realized that rails console is just a version of irb

No comments:

Post a Comment